These pages explain circulation services and policies, including borrowing periods, renewals, and return policies.
- Users may initiate a hold request on an item that has already been checked out to another person, or that is in the process of being catalogued.
- This service allows the requesting person to have priority for borrowing the requested item(s) once it becomes available.
Hold in Process
- This service allows one to place a hold for one’s desired book when it is being processed, and lets them be the first to check-out the material.
- It is available for materials in the book stacks of the Central Library and Social Sciences Library.
The Inter-campus Borrowing Service(IBS) arranges the transfer of books between the libraries on Gwanak and Yeongeon Campus.
- Eligible materials for Intercampus Borrowing: Books shown as “AVAILABLE” in other campus library catalog (if books on your campus are not available)
- Delivery Time : Approximately 3 working days (working days NOT include Saturday, Sunday, holidays, closed days)
- Loan period varies according to the lending institution
- We will notify you by email or SMS when the book(s) are ready for pick-up from your affiliate library.
※ Log in to the library website → My Library → Personal Information → Check the ‘Affiliation’
- Return :Circulation Desk in the Central Library and 8 branch Libraries / Automatic Return Machine on 1st floor of Central Library / Return Boxes at the College of Engineering and the Dormitories
- How to request : Log in to the library website >Search >Choose 'Get it' Tab on the Brief Results >Click the 'Request' button
- You may cancel your request on the library website if the current status is ‘Request in Progress’.
- Your request will be canceled in case a patron check out the item before processed.
How to Use
- How to request Log in to the library website > Search > Choose 'Get it' Tab on the Brief Results > Click the 'Request' button
※ Log in to the library website → My Library → Loans·Renewals·Hold·Request
- Maximum number of request : 5 books* per person
* Books include ‘Hold’ + ‘In Process’ + ‘Inter-campus Borrowing’ + ‘Request for Missing Books in Stacks’
(if 5 books have been requested, the user is able to borrow an extra book once one of the three requests has been checked out)
Checking out Books on Hold
- Once the books on hold arrive, an arrival e-mail/text message would be sent out.
- Check out within 5 days after receiving the arrival notice.
- Information Service Center
- Hold in Arrangement
- Central Lib, Cataloging
- 880-5291, 9273