These pages explain circulation services and policies, including borrowing periods, renewals, and return policies.
After searching for materials on the SNU Library homepage and locating them from the bookshelves, users may check-out books with an identification card at the Information Service Center or with the automatic check-out machine located at the lobby on the 2nd floor.
- Check-outs are limited to materials housed in the 3rd floor Book Stacks.
- Additional Materials (CD, Tape, Supplement Books etc. ) are available only in the library after leaving your ID card to the Information Service Center.
|User Category||Max. No. of Books||Loan Period|
|Professors (Full-time, Instructors, foundation, chair, honorary, guest instructor retired, and contract)||60||90|
|Graduate students(includes exchange students/visiting student/student/students on a leave of absence), staff members, and teaching staff from experimental schools, assistant instructors, researchers, post-doctoral students, research registrants, and personnel employed by the head of each organization||30||30|
|Undergraduate students(includes exchange students/visiting student/students on a leave of absence), seasonal semester students||15||14|
|Director-approved Users||Subject to the details of the approval|
* Check-out is permitted only with one's identification card ; Proxy borrowing is allowed only for the facalty.
- Each material may be renewed anytime until the maximum extension date(three times the user’s loan period)
- ※ Maximum extensible period?
- According to the library, the length of time that you can extend is different.
- (Central library and 8 branch libraries) three times the period of loan by status
- (Music library) two times the period of loan by status
- However, if the maximum extension date exceeds the maximum extension date upon extension, the maximum extension date is set to return date
- Professor's loan period is 90 days.(Central Library Books)
- Regardless of the number of times, the maximum number of days for extending a book, including the original loan period is 270 days
- Renewals begin from the day of their request. Therefore, in order maximize the length of check-out, renew item on the due date.
- Renewal of materials is not permitted if one has unpaid overdue fines or overdue materials.
- Reserved materials are not subject to renewal.
- Information Service Center
- 880-5301 / FAX 871-9680